Sociology of Knowledge, visual sociology, amateurism and economies of contribution, technologies of the self and the social, politics and aesthetics, governmentality & gouvernmediality and methods of social research.
- 1996 until 2002
- Training in sociology, philosophy, psychology and economy at Free University and Humboldt University, Berlin.
- From 1999
- Research Assistant at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, project "Occupational Cultures of Socialisation"
- 2003 to 2005
- Fellow at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Dissertation work at the Sociology Department, Berlin Technical University der TU, Research Unit General Sociology
- Pre-Doctoral Research Fellow Goldsmiths College, Sociology Department
- Doctorate in Sociology, TU Berlin
- Since June 2008
- Assistant Professor at the Sociology Department, TU Berlin
- Summer 2009 – Winter 2010
- Visiting Research Fellow (DAAD) at the Centre for the Study of Invention and Social Process, Goldsmiths/University of London.
- Since 2011
- Prinicipal investigator of the research project "Audiovisual Cultures of the Self" (Funding: German Research Foundation).